Campsite at the gateway to the Ardèche Gorges
The Camping des Tunnels is at Vallon Pont d’Arc on the banks of the River Ardèche, just 1km upstream from the famous Pont d’Arc.
The campsite blends completely into the natural surroundings of the protected UNESCO and Natura 2000 site of the Pont d’Arc.
Set in the heart of NATURE, the campsite is in total harmony with its environment and promises a real change of scene with activities in the great outdoors and holidays to relax or get active.
The campsite has no swimming pool but it is right by the river with direct access to 2 beaches, a sandy beach – exceptional for the area – and a pebble beach stretching for 300 metres.
- The Camping des Tunnels was created in 1958 on farmland. Historically, it was the first campsite in the Pont d’Arc area.
- The campsite takes its name from the natural tunnels present above the river along the D290 road, a popular tourist route.
- Its founders were also the very first to make canoes out of fibre to descend the Ardèche Gorges. At the campsite you can admire the moulds that were used to make the very first fibre KAYAK.
Campsite with Pitches and Mobile Homes
You can come to the Camping des Tunnels with your own tent or caravan to stay on one of our 82 pitches, or rent a mobile home equipped with all the holiday comforts.
The pitches have a power supply and the mobile homes are recent models with airconditioning.
The campsite also has water supply and drainage facilities for camper vans.
The entire campsite is covered by a WiFi service (free on the restaurant terrace and various pay options available).
Services and leisure facilities at your disposal
- Coach parking facilities
- Utility room with washing machine, dryer and washing powder
- Recycle bins at the campsite entrance
- Pizzeria and Restaurant with terrace
- Takeaway food and packed meals
- Basic groceries
- Plancha grill rentals
- Theme parties
- Sports events screened on the restaurant TV
- Canoe/kayak rentals on the premises
- Petanque pitches overlooking the river
- Play areas for children aged 3 to 12 years
- Pont d’Arc shuttle bus stop just outside the campsite
- 400 metres from the start of the GR4 long-distance hiking trail
- Tourist information
Get your bearings: distance from campsite
- River at 0km
- Pont d’Arc at 1km
- Tourist Office at 2km
- Village of Vallon Pont d’Arc at 3km
- Chauvet Caves 2 at 7km
Recommendations for your stay at Camping Les Tunnels
Pets are allowed in the campsite on the following conditions:
- Attack and defence dogs (French categories 1 & 2) are prohibited, as well as their crossbreeds.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead and their vaccination record must be up to date.
Fires and Barbecues
In the interests of the comfort of all holidaymakers and the excellent image attached to the UNESCO listing:
- It is forbidden to light fires, camp fires or charcoal barbecues.
You may bring an electric barbecue or rent a plancha grill at the campsite.
- It is forbidden to use any kind of fireworks, flares or bangers, even for the Bastille Day celebrations on 14 July.
Noise and Parties
- Music should be played at reduced volume or headphones used.
- Private night parties are not allowed within the campsite.